1902: In October, three men met together for Christian fellowship at no 42a St James Road.
1903: Nine members formed the Church in January; Mr W H T Chillman was appointed its first Minister. In June, the original corrugated iron church building was opened on the present corner site - at a cost of £418.
1904: First baptismal service.
1906: Mr Chillman emigrated to Canada; Rev J J Ellis appointed Minister.
1907: Gas lighting installed.
1909: Rev Ellis resigned over a financial issue - church without Minister for two years.
1910: First wedding, in June: Miss Skeggs of Vicarage Road, to Mr Cook of Markyate.
1911: Rev J S Bruce appointed Minister, at a salary of £2 per week.
1912: Rev Bruce resigned over a dispute about the Baptist Union's Sustention Fund.
1913: Rev W J Willis appointed Minister.
1914: Mr George Walker appointed Co-pastor to assist Rev Willis, who was in frequent demand locally as an Evangelist.
1916: Rev Willis resigned to take up his calling as a missionary to Japan; Rev Walker was affirmed as Minister.
1924: Church assumed oversight of the Baptist Fellowship at Abbots Langley, which it did so for the next ten years. A nucleus of members formed the Holiness Church in Balmoral Road, North Watford.
1926: Electric lighting installed.
1928: The house adjoining the Church, no 7 St James Road, was purchased for £400 and a classroom was built in the back garden.
1929: A year after the event, the Church celebrated its 25th anniversary with a series of special meetings.
1936: A Building Fund was set up to raise money for a new Church building.
1937: Dedication of a new baptistry.
1951: New organ purchased in faith, in anticipation of a new Church building, at a cost of £1,450. Rev George Walker died in spring at the age of 67, just prior to a planned visit to South Africa.
1952: Rev Roy Bell from London Bible College (LBC) appointed new Minister in March. Church purchased house at no 21 St James Road and the adjacent orchard at a cost of £2,400; the house was then used as a Manse.
1954: Again a year after the event, the Church celebrated its Golden Jubilee with a series of special meetings.
1955: A new building was erected on the old orchard site - designed in faith as a Church Hall, but to be used temporarily as the main Church. The original corrugated iron building was then used as a Hall following the opening of the new building in September.
1956: Rev Bell left the Church to take up an appointment at New Brunswick Baptist College, Canada. Rev J C Connell of LBC acted as Moderator.
1957: Rev Norman Archer from LBC appointed Minister.
1961: Planning application submitted to Council for new Church building, but declined.
1962: Rev Archer left the Church for ministry in Canada; Rev Connell again acted as Moderator.
1963: Rev Norman Trussler from LBC appointed Minister. Church celebrated its Diamond Jubilee.
1964: The Church, again in faith, commissioned Architects to draw up plans for new Church building. Planning application resubmitted, Baptist Union loan granted.
1965: Unconditional Planning Consent granted by Council. The old corrugated iron structure was demolished, and building work commenced on the site in December.
1966: New building, including pipe organ transferred from the 1955 building, completed, and formally opened in December. The 1955 building then became the Church Hall, as originally envisaged.
1973: Rev Trussler retired, Rev Connell acted as Moderator for a third time.
1974: Rev Richard Harbour, latterly of Campus Crusade, Reading, appointed Minister.
1976: Sunday School meetings moved from afternoons to mornings. All loans for new Church building repaid - final cost £38,000.
1978: Structural movement noted at frontage of Church Hall. Church celebrated its 75th anniversary with special services throughout the year. Chaplaincy work at Watford Football Club commenced.
1979: Rev John Boyers from LBC inducted as Assistant Minister. Network of Home Groups initiated. Church approved plans for complete rebuilding of front of Hall; also decided to install central heating and completely refurbish.
1981: Church Hall rebuilding and refurbishment completed at a cost of £25,000.
1983: Two-year experiment for leadership structure approved, providing for appointment of Elders & Deacons. Rev Harbour left to take up ministerial appointment in Manchester; Rev Boyers affirmed as new Senior Minister.
1984: Rev Chris Doig inducted as full-time Assistant Minister.
1985: New Constitution approved, incorporating previously experimental leadership structure. New Elders and Deacons officially appointed.
1986: Church purchased neighbouring fire-damaged house at no 5 Farraline Road at cost of £50,000.
1987: Short-lived experiment of holding parallel morning services in a disused Church in nearby Watford Fields. Rev Doig left to take up a new ministry in Peterborough.
1988: Mr Gareth Morris from LBC appointed full-time Assistant Minister.
1990: Gareth Morris ordained.
1991: Rev Boyers released from Ministry here to pursue call to full-time Sports Chaplaincy (charity formed).
1992: Rev Ray Atwood, latterly of OMF, appointed Minister. Rev Morris left to take up new ministry at Sindlesham Baptist Church, nr Reading.
1996: No 51 St James Road purchased as new Manse at cost of £73,000; former Manse at no 21 sold for £63,000 and 5 Farraline Road sold for £29,000.
1997: No 7 St James Road sold for £64,000. Rev Atwood left to take up wardenship at Stanton House, Oxford; two-year interregnum then followed.
1999: Rev Stephen Harrison, latterly of Old Lodge Lane BC, Purley, appointed Minister.
2000: Mr Dave Pennie from LBC commissioned as full-time Youth Minister. Major redevelopment work undertaken in Church Hall using proceeds from earlier property sales.
2003: Church celebrated its Centenary, with numerous special events and services during the course of the year, including visits from most of its surviving former Ministers.
2006: Ten-strong team from Church spent two weeks working with linked BMS couple in North Africa.
2009: Church celebrates 10 years anniversary of Rev Stephen Harrison as Senior Minister in October.
2012: Rev Stephen Harrison left to take up the post of Chaplain at Douglas & Helen House, Oxford, a hospice for children and young adults.
2013: Mrs Muriel Finerty passed away in January. We celebrated our 110 years aniversary on Sunday 20 October.
2014: Dave Pennie concluded his ministry in April.
2014: Rev Alice McDermott ordained and inducted as sole Pastor.